Warehouseperson Dry $14-$17/hr
DB Schenker is the world’s leading global logistics provider — we support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Integrated logistics resides at the world’s most important intersections, where the flow of goods creates an effective link between carriers. Our value-added services ensure the flow of goods continues seamlessly and supply chains stay lean and optimized for success. Our business holds top positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair logistics, special transports, and special events logistics. Responsibilities
- Load inbound and outbound freight to and from vehicles and containers
- Unload inbound and outbound containers and sort according to size of freight and destination
- Read, decode, and decipher freight coding in order to expedite freight movement and tracing process
- Reconcile driver pick up and delivery manifests
- Label, weigh, and dimensionalize freight
- Perform cleanup activities in the work area to ensure safety and cleanliness of dock
- Record damaged shipments and misrouted freight on applicable reports
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- This is an entry-level position.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Generally prefer 0-2 years of experience.
- Warehouse experience preferred.