6 days left
- Manages Others?
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
As a FLIR security EE you will be a key contributor in an international and cross-functional engineering group developing the latest generation of multi-sensor security cameras.
You will be responsible for design and development of the electronic aspect of a wide variety of fixed and gimbaled imaging products. You have a wealth of design experience in the commercial product area and are comfortable owning designs from start to finish. You are able to design for fast deployment or minimum cost or highest reliability.
Design PCB assemblies: Draw schematics, specify layout, prepare production documents, and assist with compliance.
Participate in product feasibility efforts
Mentor junior engineers and interns
Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to develop products
All other engineering duties as required for position
Electronic design of video processing systems. (required)
- CPU/SOC and DDR design
- Motion control
- Compliance engineering
- Data Network, WiFi, PoE (required)
- Manufacturing support (required)
- Commercial product development (highly desired)
- Leadership role (desired)
- Analytical Problem Solving: Ability to define and conduct experiments to identify the root cause of difficult technical and non-technical problems. Capable of analyzing alternate approaches and developing practical solutions to solve complex problems.
- Collaboration & Teamwork is necessary establish good working relationships with development team members and when working with other FLIR teams.
- Strong Communication Skills are necessary when creating proposals and communicating in writing that it is easy to understand and interpret what and why information is being communicated. Listens attentively without interrupting and/or being distracted by other things.
- Continuous Learning is required to learn new approaches, tools, and methodologies to stay abreast of technology changes as they relate to image processing.
- Displaying strong personal Initiative and motivation is vital to achieve desired performance results with projects that support the organization.
- Strong Oral Communication and Presentation Skills are essential when making oral and graphical presentations to capture the interest and involvement of the audience while developing/delivering a clear and concise message.
- This job requires an BS in electrical engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in electronic design.
- Electronic design of CPU, SOC, DDR, I2C SPI, MIPI, stepper motors, ethernet
- Video processing
- Compliance: safety, EMI, et. al.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.