Deep Learning Software and Digital Signal Processing Engineer (Experienced)
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Do you want to join a diverse team that solves challenging issues of national interest?
The Radar Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Group designs, develops, and fields state-of-the-art imaging radar systems and is seeking a proficient engineer in Deep Learning Software for radar based imaging Algorithm Development. This position will focus on the design and delivery of ISR imaging radar systems based on Deep Learning Software technology and includes Deep Learning Algorithms for Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) imaging processing. You and the team are responsible for the design, oversight and delivery of full-up software and hardware systems for a wide variety of applications, operating environments and customers.
- You will participate and work as part of a team to conceive, develop, design and deliver Deep Learning Software algorithms for imaging radar systems developed in, C++ and/or Python software development and related technologies to our customers.
- You will help define and develop the next generation of Sandia Deep Learning Technology for radar sensors.
- You will also be pursuing research funding opportunities and serve as a Principal Investigator, while maintaining external interactions with academic, government and other research partners.
- You have an advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in Electrical Engineering or relevant STEM discipline;
- Your background includes experience in the design and realization of Deep Learning Systems and Digital Signal Processing Systems;
- Experience using MATLAB for DSP applications and algorithm development;
- Your skillset includes experience with C++ and/or Python.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q security clearance.
Ideally, we would like to see your background include some of the following:
- Ability to develop and map complex DSP algorithms into hardware and software architectures;
- Ability to implement advanced Deep Learning Algorithms using DSP architectures into fielded systems while meeting aggressive time schedules and size, weight, power, and cost (SWAPc) constraints;
- Experience in the design and realization of real-time Deep Learning algorithms based on Digital Signal Processing technology;
- Experience in high-speed signal processing using Software Defined Radar technology;
- High-level mathematical skills;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver research and innovative results as evidenced by the publication of papers in high impact refereed journals or equivalent;
- Experience in proposing research and securing funding;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate original, technical research.
- Active DOE/DoD clearance.
We offer R&D in design and development of Software Defined Radar Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Systems, from system design through system integration to data collection and analysis. Sandia applies expertise in ISR Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) and Ground Moving Target Indication (GMTI) systems design and operation. We provide multidisciplinary system-level and mission engineering supporting ongoing and future Radar ISR missions. Missions can include multiple Radar sensor modes such as spotlight, dual-resolution, and video SAR; coherent change detection (CCD); multi-look imaging; GMTI. The department is responsible for the design, oversight and delivery of full-up systems for a wide variety of applications, operating environments and customers. Software development capabilities include: object-oriented analysis and design, operating system development, configuration and setup, quality attribute driven design, model-driven development, component-based development in support of a software product line, automated testing, driver software for COTS and custom hardware, real-time embedded software, concurrent software for multi-core processors and GPUs, and GUI software. Digital design capabilities include: advanced digital signal processing (analysis, simulation and implementation), high speed ASIC and FPGA design, use of common digital interface architectures with embedded processors, high-speed PCB design (digital and mixed-signal), and VHDL design, simulation, implementation and test.About Sandia
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
- These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.EEO
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.