The Aircraft Detailer/Washer is responsible for the general appearance of the Academies aircrafts to include the following duties:
Washing the exterior parts of the aircrafts including the fuselage, empennage, wings, and windows.
- Polishing the exterior parts of the aircraft with a machine.
- Cleaning windows from the interior
- Vacuuming interior carpets under the front seats, rear seats, and baggage compartment.
- Wiping down the seats with cleaning agent.
- Removing any trash from the seat pockets, wall pockets, floor area, and baggage compartment
- Dusting any small partials from the glare shield, careful to not touch any instruments.
- Disinfecting flight control including the yoke, throttle, prop lever, mixture, gear lever or flap lever, while being careful not to move any of the controls
Equipment and Storage
Cleaning and routine maintenance of all company equipment is required. All equipment must be cleaned following each and every use before storage.
Proper operation of equipment. Equipment is to be operated in accordance with manufacture recommendations.
- Proper operation and care when using company equipment is required, any abuse of company equipment is grounds for counseling or dismissal.
- Equipment is to be stored in their proper location and cleaned following each use before storing.
Must be physically capable to execute the duties of this labor position including:
Employee must be able to bend, squat, kneel, sit, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Comfortable to work in high areas or small spaces.
- Operations of power equipment, such as a vacuum, power cleaner, and polisher.
- Working in the outdoors 100% of the time.
- Frequent usage of hands, wrists, shoulders, and back muscles are necessary.
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.