6 days left
- Manages Others?
Job LocationMarana - Marana, AZ
Ascent Aviation Services is one of the largest aviation maintenance, repair, overhaul, storage and reclamation operations in the world. Our strength comes from our talented and professional employees who excel through teamwork and enthusiasm. Ascent Aviation Services continues to grow and are continually looking for motivated and career minded aviation professionals who will support our vision and goals.
To perform functions assigned in the disassembly, repair, cleaning, adjustment, and testing of cabin interiors and related equipment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
- Researches technical data and performs disassembly, repair, cleaning, adjustment, and testing of cabin interiors and related equipment in accordance with applicable maintenance manuals, FAA regulations and Ascent Aviation Services policies and procedures.
- Installs aircraft interior furnishings, trim and accessories, including carpeting, sidewalls, doors, windows, seats, partitions, galleys, and passenger service units, according to specifications.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, drawings, and production procedures to determine measurements and installation procedures.
- Measures and marks installation areas in aircraft interior, using measuring and marking instruments and templates, drills, reams, countersinks, and rivets.
- Trims and files parts and assemblies, using handtools and power tools.
- Fits and installs items in aircraft, using handtools, power tools, and fasteners, such as screws, rivets bolts and speednuts.
- Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning.
- Fabricates and installs supporting structural devices such as clips, brackets, angles, gussets, and doublers, using shop equipment.
- Ensures that proper documentation is made on training record for training received, and signed by Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Tests functional performance of installed items.
- Reworks installations as required.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner. Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines; attention to detail and mathematical skills; ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction; ability to interpret and apply technical data relating to position; ability to safely drive and operate a standard shift automotive vehicle and other applicable equipment; ability to work with or without supervision.
Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required.
Experience: One to three years experience in aircraft interior maintenance preferred.
Certificates/Licenses: Airframe License or Repairman’s Certificate for Interiors and Related Structures preferred. Valid driver’s license required.
Other: May be required to work at both Marana, AZ and Tucson, AZ locations as business needs dictate
Ascent Aviation Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.