Chief Pilot – Rotor Wing
Job Title: Chief Pilot – Rotor Wing
THERE. WHEN YOU NEED US.®
As a leading non-for-profit air medical program, Life Flight Network sets the industry bar for excellence by perpetually evolving both in the air and on the ground. Being a part of our team means leading a career of compassion, excellence, pride, and meaning. We are dedicated, skillful professionals who thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Our people are the best and the brightest. Second to none.
Are you inspired?
We are recruiting for a Chief Pilot - Rotor Wing in Aurora, Oregon.
The Chief Pilot is responsible for ensuring all Life Flight Network (LFN) aviation activities are in compliance with Federal Aviation Administration Regulations and in compliance with LFN’s policies, procedures, operation specifications and operations manual. The Chief Pilot is the liaison between the DO and the assistant chief pilots and line pilots for federal regulation compliance and all aviation technical matters.
- Meets the requirements of Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 14, Section 119.71(b) titled “Management personnel Chief Pilot position on an FAA Air Carrier Certificate”
- Three years of management experience is required, preferably in an EMS transport service
- 4000 hours of combined fixed-wing and/or rotor-wing experience as PIC. 2000 hours of turbine engine time.
- 100 hours of Night Vision Goggle experience.
- Three years of experience as a Part 135 Pilot in Command (PIC) at an EMS program strongly preferred
- Two years of experience as a Single Pilot Instrument Flight Rule (SPIFR) captain in an EMS program strongly preferred.
- Maintains credentials to be a Check Airman in one of the aircraft on LFN’s Air Carrier Certificate.
- Commercial rotor-wing and/or fixed-wing license with IFR rating, Airline Transport Pilot certification (ATP) preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Management or a related filed or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent grammar; verbal and written communication, and customer service skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Able to take initiative, creating, implementing and improving procedures and programs.
- Travel by personal or company vehicle throughout LFN’s service area is required.
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Maintains FAA required employee records, ensuring employees with certifying authority have the appropriate license or authority
- Schedules and ensures all pilots maintain currency and proficiency in aircraft assigned to LFN’s Air Carrier Certificate.
- Day to day supervision of pilots.
- Ensures pilots are familiar with and have access to all FAA requirements.
- Ensures availability of materials, tools, equipment and technical publications.
- Develops methods of monitoring and improving productivity, policies and procedures as related to aviation.
- Acts as a liaison with regulatory authorities, aeronautical product manufacturers and suppliers to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Design, facilitate and train pilots on policies and procedures and ensure all employees complete required training.
- Develops the pilot and crew member training manuals/programs and aircraft checklists.
- Provides supervision to all company pilots concerning regulatory issues.
All Chief Pilot candidates are subject to drug screening and background investigation.
Chief Pilot - Benefits:
- LFN offers competitive compensation above industry standard
- Medical (Company pays for employee 100%)
- Dental (Company pays for employee 100%)
- Vision (Company pays for employee 100%)
- Life/AD&D (Company pays for employee 100%)
- Short & long term disability (Company pays for employee 100%)
- Long term care, flexible spending (Company pays for employee 100%)
- 401k – with automatic 4% employer contribution
- Tenure bonuses
- Adoption assistance
- Paid parental time off
- Pet insurance
- Bereavement leave (including pets)
- Tuition/Training reimbursement
- Paid volunteer time
- Employee Recognition Awards
- A generous paid time off plan starting at 4 weeks a year for full time employees
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Life Flight Network Membership
- Dog friendly work environment
- Life Flight Network is an equal opportunity employer
Apply online at www.lifeflight.org