Job LocationTucson - Tucson, AZ
To lead functions assigned in the disassembly, repair, cleaning, adjustment, and testing of cabin interiors and related equipment.
Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods
of time. Requires frequent bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, balancing and reaching above shoulder level. Requires occasional crawling, climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling weight up to or over 75 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Equipment Operated: Hand tools, power tools, sewing and serge machines, shears, ladders, stools, high-lift / scissors lift, and fork lift.
Work Location: Utilized base wide.
Potential Hazards: Exposure to high intensity noise levels, changes in temperature, materials identified on Safety Data Sheets, sharp instruments, working around moving machinery.
Protective Equipment Required: Goggles, safety glasses, ear protection, gloves, respirators, dust masks.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures that all work performed complies with applicable technical data, FAA regulations and Ascent Aviation policies and procedures.
- Works closely with immediate supervisor as well as Production Control to keep them informed on actual work progress in areas of responsibility.
- Reviews non-preplanned documents to identify methods of repair and/or replacement identifying necessary parts, materials and tooling requirements and provides timely estimates for all maintenance on non-preplanned documents within scope of responsibility.
- Ensures that all aircraft parts/components removed from an aircraft in work, that are to be routed to Technical Services, are documented by a valid job number and that the work scope is properly identified.
- Responsible for the proper execution of parts tags attached to repairable, serviceable, or condemned parts.
- Performs assigned maintenance work including disassembly, repair, cleaning, adjustment, and testing of cabin interiors and related equipment.
- Installs aircraft interior furnishings, trim and accessories, including carpeting, sidewalls, doors, windows, seats, partitions, galleys, and passenger service units, according to specifications.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, drawings, and production procedures to determine measurements and installation procedures.
- Measures and marks installation areas in aircraft interior, using measuring and marking instruments and templates, drills, reams, countersinks, and rivets.
- Trims and files parts and assemblies, using hand tools and power tools.
- Fits and installs items in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, and fasteners, such as screws, rivets bolts and speed nuts.
- Fabricates and installs supporting structural devices such as clips, brackets, angles, gussets, and doublers, using shop equipment.
- Tests functional performance of installed items.
- Reworks installations as required.
- Performs orientation and on-the-job training for employees. Ensures that training is documented in employee training records.
- Enforces company policies and safety regulations and the proper use of equipment and ensures that quality standards are met.
- Coordinates activities of workers including assigning work duties for maximum utilization of manpower and analyzing and resolving work problems.
- Maintains communications within area of responsibility, informing employees as to plans and progress and promoting teamwork and cooperation.
- Tracks time spent on each work order and ensures the time is logged on time card correctly.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Performs duties of Interior Supervisor in his/her absence.
- Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning.
- Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner. Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions.
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines; attention to detail and mathematical skills; ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow and administer verbal and written instruction; ability to interpret and apply technical data relating to position; ability to safely drive and operate a standard shift automotive vehicle and other applicable equipment; ability to work without supervision.
Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required.
Experience: One to three years experience in aircraft interior maintenance preferred.
Certificates/Licenses: A License or Repairman’s Certificate for Interior and Related Structures and valid driver’s license required.
Other: May be required to work at both Marana, AZ and Tucson, AZ locations as business needs dictate.
Ascent Aviation Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.