Employer: APA Services
Position: Sheet Metal Mechanic Assistant
Salary: Not Specified
Job Role: Sheet Metal, Aircraft Mechanic
Job Type: Contract
Hours: Full Time
Minimum Exp Req'd:
Degree Required: High School
Manages Others: No
Sheet Metal Mechanic Assistant
The Sheet Metal Mechanic Assistant assists the Sheet Metal Mechanic with the assembling and/or repairing of aircraft parts, components, subsystems and operating systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in performing tasks associated with the manufacturing, repair and/or overhaul of aircraft components and will perform a variety of routine duties related to the area to which assigned.
- Reads work instructions including production planning, engineering drawings, full size Mylar layouts, process specifications and other technical documentation to insure proper detail configuration.
- Determines dimensions to layout holes patterns, install clips, brackets, nut plates and like items.
- Lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material with or without templates or shop aides to develop or back drill hole patterns on composite, sheet metal and mechanical parts.
- Trims sheet metal and composite parts to fit and files, grinds, deburrs, buffs, and smooths surfaces.
- Installs assemblies in assembly jigs, fixtures or other tooling according to work instructions.
- Assembles parts into subassemblies and final assemblies using basic hand tools such as, drill motors, die grinders, sanders, polishers, rivet shavers and other like tools.
- Drills holes of varying sizes in detail parts and subassemblies according to work instructions.
- Installs blind rivets, Jo-Bolts, hilocks, huck bolts, solid rivets and bolts, drives and bucks rivets to attach and assemble detail parts to structural parts and complete subassemblies to written and verbal work instructions.
- Inspects completed assemblies for conformance to specifications.
- Completes and maintains necessary paperwork for documenting processes performed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
About Our Client:
This client is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma and has an International footprint. As a manufacturer, supplier, and MRO, our client has diversified to become a major aerospace player in multiple arenas. This client desires candidates that are seeking long term commitments with the opportunity to become direct employees of the organization.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (918) 803-4005
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
To learn about APA Services' ground-breaking employee referral program "Constant Cash", please click to watch the video below.