Employer: APA Services
Salary: Not Specified
Job Role: Paint
Job Type: Contract
Hours: Full Time
Minimum Exp Req'd:
Degree Required: High School
Manages Others: No
Applies basic and some advanced technical skills and knowledge in original equipment manufacturing of final paint application on original equipment manufactured parts, components and complete subsystems for operational aircraft applications. Performs any of the detailed work operations required to be completed in this area of specialization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs assembly of original equipment manufacturing of parts, components and subsystems for aircraft applications using products and processes are varied but generally not complex in scope to apply primer, topcoat paint, and any spray-applied coatings to aircraft parts consistent with government, customer and company standards. The level of work performed requires some skill and experience. Priorities are determined by management.
- Reads and interprets specifications and documents to define the scope of work on work orders.
- Cleans grease and dirt from product. Removes rust from metal with acid, wire brush, or steel wool. Applies masking tape over parts and areas that are not to be coated. Fills cavities and dents with putty to attain smooth surface.
- Computes mix ratios in order to mix paint materials. Selects and mixes coating liquid to produce desired color. Pours coating liquid into spray container and connects gun to air hose. Turns sprayer valves and nozzle to regulate width and pressure of spray.
- Selects the appropriate personal protective equipment for the operation to be performed. When using a respirator ensures the respirator is working properly and is properly worn.
- Applies spray onto work surface to apply prime or finish using protective or decorative material such as paint, enamel, glaze, gel-coat, or lacquer. Coats areas inaccessible to hand sprayer with brush. Heats and sprays wax onto products after they are tested. Cleans spraying equipment and brushes with solvent.
- Ensures compliance with environment regulations and maintains records in accordance with these environment regulations.
- Technical school and two (2) to four (4) or more years of aircraft or formal automotive painting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High School/GED
About Our Client:
This client is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma and has an International footprint. As a manufacturer, supplier, and MRO, our client has diversified to become a major aerospace player in multiple arenas. This client desires candidates that are seeking long term commitments with the opportunity to become direct employees of the organization.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (918) 803-4005
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
To learn about APA Services' ground-breaking employee referral program "Constant Cash", please click to watch the video below.