- Performs a full range of simple cooking by preparing and cooking items that require little or no processing, such as pancakes, sausage, eggs, hamburgers, and fresh or canned vegetables.
- Prepares hot cereals and concentrated or ehydrated soups, sauces and gravies. Makes cold sandwich fillings. Sets up and replenishes salad bar.
- Prepares food by peeling, chopping, grinding, paring, cutting, slicing, dicing, pureeing, dredging, flouring, or breading.
- Operates a variety of kitchen equipment using gas, electricity, steam or microwave heat sources. Uses and cleans a variety of cooking utensils to measure, weigh, and process food items.
- Disassembles, cleans and assembles component parts and accessories, following safety procedures to avoid personal injury and damage to the equipment.
- Job family (Series)
7404 CookingSimilar jobs
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training is required within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours refresher training annually.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15j(1) to include a medical examination.
- Incumbent may be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
Work experience in preparing foods and cooking simple foods and short orders in a cafeteria, restaurant, or mess.
Demonstration of the following work behavior is desirable:
a. Neatness and good grooming.
c. Ability to work under pressure. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.Additional information
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 P.M. HST on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is NOT authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is NOT in the Government’s interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files=NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- This is a flexible position that there are no guaranteed hours. Must be willing to serve in a continuing position on a scheduled or as needed basis.
- Army NAF Paysetting rules/requirements apply to this vacancy announcement.
- For a full listing of duties for this position, please click on the link below.
- JOB FAIR Date 23-JAN-2019.
be a part of our team. Join us at our upcoming Hiring Fair.
See below for specifics:
January 23, 2019- Leilehua Golf Course
6505 Leilehua Golf Course RD. Wahiawa, HI 96786
NO BASE ACCESS REQUIRED
Hiring For All Positions! - 8:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
To be considered for an interview, bring/have the follow:
- (2) Professional References with Contact Information
- DD214 (For Veterans)
- Military Orders (For Military Spouses)
- SF50 or DA3434 (For Current Employees)
- Valid Photo ID
- Social Security Card
- Additional requirements for Child & Youth vacancies:
- High School Diploma
- College Transcripts
- Note. Applicants who participate in the Hiring Fair will receive
background checks or consideration of preference eligible candidates.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
If you are claiming any of the above eligibilities, your supporting documentation must be received at the time of application. Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
Not RequiredDrug test required
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA Form 3434, Marriage Certificate, PCS Orders
Review our benefits
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is ISLAND OF OAHU . (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at Hale Ikena, Fort Shafter, Hawaii.
This is a Standing Register with an initial cutoff date set for 23-JAN-2019.
PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR THE UPCOMING JOB FAIR!!! (INFORMATION IN BOLD LETTERS)
Not requiredSupervisory status