Applications System Analyst - Malware and Forensics
- The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of Defense Cyber Operations (DCO) tasks supporting customer requirements including the analysis, design and development of solutions in relation to maintaining, modifying and enhancing the security posture, response and analysis of threats to the global Enterprise Network.
- Support post-mortem analysis of the magnetic and optical media collected from compromised systems.
- Perform initial, forensically sound collection of system images and inspect same to discern possible mitigation and remediation of network incidents on the Enterprise Network.
- Perform remote incident handling support such as forensics collections, intrusion correlation tracking, threat analysis and direct system remediation tasks to on-site responders.
- Develop and publish malware and forensic analysis guidance and high-quality incident reports to appropriate audiences.
- Provide sound forensic analysis on all devices during malware identification and provide feedback in relation to findings.
- Provide surface and runtime analysis on newly acquired malware to develop new indicators in support of security posture changes to the Enterprise Network.
- Support the creation of a ‘big data’ analysis program through the identification of attributes and indications of targeted activity for profile development within the deployed DCO sensor grid.
- Analyze Malware to determine its capabilities, intent, indicators and origin.
- Research new attacks and exploits.
- Identify trends in incidents and malware to leadership.
QualificationsRequired Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS / MIS or other related field and five (5) years or more of related experience.
- 5+ years of work experience analyzing, designing, developing, implementing technology-based solutions to support security functions and near real-time response systems.
- Collaborate with cyber security specialists, network analysts, business analysts, developers, process owners and senior management to identify opportunities, define business requirements, and assist in designing and implementing solutions to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Demonstrated script development, cyber security and systems analysis skills. Able to analyze data, design solutions, program, test and implement.
- Take responsibility for full life cycle project from analysis to development to delivery of solutions.
- Ability to work independently on projects as well as lead in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, with minimal supervision.
- Must possess time- management skills and great attention to detail.
- Experienced troubleshooting and testing skills, problem identification/analysis skills.
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
- Should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adhere to organization’s technical architecture and best practices.
- Work experience with HBSS management and configuration.
- Experience with Network Security Manager (IPS), or other IPS or IDS systems.
- Active DOD TS/SCI clearance required.
- Security+ or Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC’s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability