Service Controller - Semiconductor Business Unit
Service Controller EM Semiconductor Business Unit
The Semiconductor Service Controller will play a critical role in increasing service revenue and profits. As the business partner of the Global Service Director, this function will be supporting the Semiconductor business unit (“BU”). This position is responsible for the Service P&L and will need to ensure accurate budgeting and forecasting while meeting the financial targets. This person will co-operate with regional service controllers and establish a close co-operation with BU controllers, BU management and regional service leadership teams.
Financial Reporting, Planning and Analysis
- Drives forecast and annual budget for the Semiconductor BU service business
- Prepares the service bookings forecast and supports the calculation of actual bookings
- Supports preparation of long term strategic plan and prepares financial model
- Analyzes drivers of installation and warranty expenses
- Provides management with clear insights into drivers of business growth, risks and opportunities
- Partners with Semi BU Service Director to meet and exceed financial targets
- Acts as a business partner to regional service leadership teams
- Creates strong interaction with Semiconductor Service marketing team in evaluating business cases for new commercial initiatives
- Identifies financial and business risks and assists with development of mitigation strategies
- Creates cooperation with BU controllers and provides insight in service business developments
- Provides guidance to regional service controllers in concert with other BU Service Controllers
- University education with Accounting or Finance background
- 5-8 years relevant experience in controlling position
- Strong analytical skills that combine the ability to manage large volume of data while maintaining focus on the global service business
- Highly motivated with strong focus on results based actions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interact with various levels of the organization
- Excellent Excel skills, proficiency in PPT and experience with ERP data management
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.