Manager, External Communications
- Research, create and share content to engage and inform external stakeholders around Spirit story.
- Develop and manage proactive external communications calendar and strategy to develop regular cadence of positive Spirit news.
- Engage with PR, Marketing and other stakeholders to develop positive, aligned content that captures our voice
- Measure and report media, influencer and new market campaigns
- Establish and maintain relationships with Latin American and Spanish-language media outlets.
- Serve as primary Spanish-language spokesperson and oversee all Spanish-language written materials.
- Manage new market or expansion announcements, inaugural celebrations and airport relationships to maximize exposure and awareness around new air service.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to promote corporate social responsibility and Team Member engagement initiatives.
- Oversee influencer and Guest-facing interactions, including social media integration to spread positive news and maximizing “surprise & delight” opportunities
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change due to operational needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or a related field.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both languages.
- Advanced knowledge about Latin American marketing and public relations preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Dynamic public speaking skills.
- Experience acting in a corporate spokesperson role preferred.
- A self-starter, strategic thinker and ability to multitask on various projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with executives and members of the media.
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint and Microsoft Office 365.
- Experience and skill writing news items using Associated Press (AP) Style.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our team members.EEOC Statement
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.