Associate Financial Analyst
This position provides entry level support to the rest of the FP&A team. Responsible for pulling and gathering data, checking numbers to verify
accuracy, and creating first drafts of presentations and reports.
- Create first drafts of financial presentations and reports to be reviewed and updated by the Financial Operations Analyst, such as the KPI dashboards, labor reports, ELR, master schedule, sales forecasts, and others.
- Distribution of P&L statements, Detail Transaction reports, and other financial supporting data to managers.
- Pull production and financial data as needed to feed into analysis;
- Check numbers in presentations and reports to verify accuracy;
- Support the Financial Operations Analyst as they conduct the budgeting and forecasting process;
- Assist in the development of budgets and forecast estimates for expenditures and revenues;
- Provide monitoring of department progress on budgets and forecasts;
- Support the Financial Operations Analyst as they conduct regular and ad hoc analysis;
- Initial preparation of data population of budget to actual analytic reports;
- Investigate data for some accounts, pulling together data and analyzing as needed;
- In partnership with the FP&A team, collaborate with department heads and Human Resources to create G&A budget and update forecasts;
- Provide ongoing analysis, investigation, and support to the FP&A team, including completing other responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
1– 3 years relevant experience, preferably in manufacturing.
Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Strong analytical and documentation skills;
- Ability to probe for answers and solve problems;
- Ability to manage and maintain confidentiality of sensitive budget information in a professional manner;
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, and prioritize work within the time constraints of a deadline focused function and work additional hours as needed;
- Willingness to own their work and seek coaching where needed;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint;
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting and ERP systems and tools (Great Plains preferred).
Must perform all work in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration, OSHA, EPA and GAAP guidelines.
Follow all company and safety rules during performance of duties.
Interaction with employees, internal and external customers and vendors, Accounting and FP&A team and management.
Lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
Bend, reach and stoop.
Sit at desk and / or computer for extended intervals
Routine or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands.
A majority of the work will be completed in an office environment