West Star Aviation is the ranked #1 service provider in the business aviation industry with locations in Colorado, Illinois, Missouri, Tennessee and business affiliates in Texas and Minnesota! We employ a dedicated team of talented craftsmen, technicians and engineers who provide expert services on corporate jet aircraft maintenance, repairs, avionics upgrades, interior and paint modifications and aircraft fuel sales.
The HR Generalist will be part of a dynamic HR Team supporting 500 employees based in IL. The job itself is fast-paced and the culture is employee/customer-centric! Our company values respect, honesty, integrity, fairness and being accountable to each other and the employees/customers we support. The successful candidate will have a mutual commitment to our values and demonstrate a positive/can-do attitude, be team oriented and humble while having a high attention to detail and commitment to delivering exceptional employee/customer service. This is a great opportunity for a recent college grad or someone looking to advance within their HR career!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following however other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Regular attendance, can-do attitude and full engagement in the job are key to delivering exceptional employee/customer service.
- Facilitate the site recruitment plan for assigned jobs to include contractor hiring.
- Create requisitions, review job specs with management for accuracy, network with the Technical Recruiter and other sourcing partners while mining applicants in various databases to identify qualified candidates for management consideration.
- Coordinate with manager’s to solicit feedback on candidate status and update accordingly in the applicant tracking system.
- Communicate with the HR Coordinator regularly for assistance contacting candidates and establishing interview schedules.
- Greet candidates and conduct introductory interviews welcoming candidates to the company before or after the candidate’s
interview with the hiring manager.
- Follow up with manager’s for interview feedback, next steps and facilitate job offers and/or candidate follow up.
- Track and maintain updates in ADP and applicable spreadsheets on the candidate’s status during the pre-employment
- Facilitate pre-employment drug testing and background screens, bringing any concerns to the HR Manager. Hire assigned new hires and contractors into ADP.
- Regular communication with the HR team, Quality, EHS and hiring manager’s regarding the status of candidate hire dates along with the new hire schedule.
- Conduct new hire orientation to include following up as needed regarding benefits selection and enrollment.
- Announce new hires utilizing the online communication platform for the site.
- Work in partnership with EHS regarding follow up on Workers Compensation to administer and follow up on next steps including tracking employee status, communication with the employee, insurer and manager regarding return to work, accommodation requests and the like. Review with the HR Manager as applicable.
- Ensures FMLA notice is provided timely and monitors tracking for accuracy with regular communication to the Payroll Team.
- Work cohesively with the HR Team on shared tasks, projects and employee events.
- Actively participates in weekly meetings and shares ideas promoting employee value, team collaboration, process improvement and team partnership.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS to be considered as a candidate.
- The ability to work a standard schedule Monday - Friday in the East Alton, IL office, from 8am - 5pm along with overtime as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Prefer a college graduate with a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent field of study; will consider 2 years of equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Prior experience working in a large service oriented company with an emphasis on employee/customer service.
- Working knowledge of current Human Resources, Payroll and Benefits practices and regulations.
- A strong level Microsoft Office expertise is required; experience with ADP products and other systems is a plus.
- Demonstrate strong verbal/written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to analyze situations and reach the right decision aligned with our company values, culture and team oriented approach.
- Ability to professionally act in the role of a support function as part of a cohesive team.