The Recruiter will oversee all aspects of employee sourcing and recruiting. The
position reports to the HR Manager and is located in East Alton, IL. The
Recruiter is a self-starter who can quickly learn and represent the West Star
Aviation culture as well as understand the challenges faced hiring in the
aviation industry. The successful candidate will be well versed recruiting in
an aviation environment, preferably business aviation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate ownership for the recruiting process, focus on teamwork with a positive / can-do attitude
- Be a quick study and able to find solutions to hire top tier candidates that fit our
- Responsible for executing the full-cycle recruiting process – job descriptions, posting,
offers, background screening, FAA/DOT drug screening and completing the
- Ensure all candidates are prescreened with regard to the West Star Aviation culture
- Schedule and coordinate interviews (both in person and via phone) based on feedback from
- Identify key partnerships in the local area or aviation industry for recruiting events
- Attend job fairs, university career days or other hiring events as requested.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all Hiring Managers to ensure regular
- Develop and maintain an active WSA Careers branded social media presence on Facebook,
- Track and report on recruiting metrics to include: applicants, interviews, offers, declined/hires.
- Ensure compliance with Affirmative Action Plans to include outreach efforts, diversity and inclusion in the recruiting strategy and reporting on hiring activity.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma
- Associate or Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or HR
- Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of a college degree.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Recruiter, ideally in the business aviation industry.
- Power user in resume databases and search engines, such as ADP, JobVite, Monster,
- Proficient experience using an ATS or HRIS system, Excel or other relational data base software.
- Knowledge of Affirmative Action Plans and OFCCP compliance programs.
- Affiliation and/or membership in SHRM, or other recruiting associations preferred.
- Strong consulting & coaching skills; effective advisor to hiring managers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with the ability to
- The most qualified candidates will have business aviation industry experience, be
standards along with a solid understanding of the aviation vocabulary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate or better skills in MS Office suite