Analyst, Financial Sr
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 60 destinations in the United States, Dominican Republic, Cuba, and Mexico on more than 270 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2015 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
Critical to the success of Frontier’s winning strategy is a rigorous, innovative focus on financial discipline - delivered every day by the Financial Planning & Analysis team. Frontier’s Finance organization supports a broad range of strategic and operational decision-making, including:
- Short- and long-term financial planning
- Ongoing cost reduction opportunity sizing & execution
- Competitive & strategic benchmarking
- Labor analysis
- Capital allocation & fleet planning
- Flight profitability
- Ad-hoc strategic projects & analysis
As an integral part of Frontier’s success, Financial Analysts receive high visibility by senior management. A range of formal training and informal learning opportunities support ongoing professional development and career growth.
Frontier relies on each member of the Finance team to achieve expert status in business and industry trends, to distill a broad range of functions into meaningful, accurate financial models, and to clearly communicate the actionable business implications of complex quantitative analyses to senior management and functional stakeholders.
- Champion Frontier’s low cost done right philosophy within the organization & enhance financial awareness across the company
- Improve the speed and accuracy of budgeting and forecasting; collaborate with business stakeholders throughout the financial planning process
- Evaluate the financial implications of potential capital projects and develop management recommendations
- Investigate the root causes of cost and revenue variances and propose profit-maximizing resolutions
- Identify and size potential revenue and cost opportunities across the organization
- Conduct scenario analysis to identify optimal strategies in the face of uncertainty
- Act as an internal consultant, improving processes and efficiency across the organization
- Benchmark financial and operational performance against competitors and best practices
- Conduct ad-hoc projects, reports, and financial analyses as determined by senior management
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills; demonstrated understanding of economic, financial, and accounting concepts
- Exemplary written and verbal communication and presentation skills; proven ability to present information to and collaborate with all levels of management
- Ability to structure logical analytical approaches and to apply a range of quantitative techniques to solve business problems in an efficient, timely manner
- Ability to independently prioritize analyses in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Comfortable working self-sufficiently to creatively solve analytical challenges with limited data and imminent deadlines
- Advanced understanding of Excel, macros, and other software used for data mining and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree required; prefer degree in finance, accounting, or other quantitative field
- Graduate degree in quantitative discipline strongly preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience (finance, consulting, or related fields/functions) or commensurate combination of graduate work and relevant work experience
- Functional experience in financial accounting, management accounting, financial analysis, financial modeling, planning, forecasting and/or management reporting preferred
- Experience and/or familiarity building models with Anaplan software preferred
- Prior airline experience beneficial
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana (THC), Cocaine, Amphetamines (including methamphetamines and MDMA), Opiates (including codeine, heroine, 6-Am, and morphine) and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier and their offer of employment rescinded.
Note: In order to be considered, you must send a cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org in addition to applying online.