Supervisor, Aircraft Maintenance
The primary role of this position is to provide first level supervision for the the aircraft maintenance program from pre-planning to post-delivery including employee leadership, work performance monitoring and customer interaction. The desired candidate will possess an A&P license, previous experience as a supervisor or crew chief in a business aviation MRO environment along with strong knowledge of aircraft maintenance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for understanding and ensuring the work scope is complied with per customer specifications, WSA technical and quality standards along with all applicable regulations including FAA, EASA, etc.
- Responsible for the safety of a team of employees including incidents/accidents, PPE compliance, safety concerns, etc.
- Working with the leads to establish daily work tasks in support of the work scope.
- Ensure all material, parts, equipment and tooling needs are on order, tracking or available. Escalate any needs in this regards to the Program Manager.
- Assess job status on a regular basis to ensure projects are on track to be completed safely and timely.
- Work with technicians to develop or enhance their job knowledge and provide on the job training for WSA specific processes and aircraft components / systems.
- Identify and address any potential delays to include developing a recovery plan.
- Work with other department Supervisors or Leads assigned to the work scope.
- Perform troubleshooting tasks as necessary and train junior level technicians.
- Onboard and train new technicians into the program.
- Communicate regularly with the Program Manager and assigned Project Manager regarding work scope updates.
- Review Corridor work orders to ensure labor hours are charging accordingly and sign-off’s are completed timely.
- Partner with Quality Inspectors to ensure aircraft are ready for return to service.
- May act as a Lead over assigned aircraft, if needed.
- Work with the Program Manager to monitor employee job performance to include coaching, taking corrective action as necessary and assisting in the completion of annual performance reviews.
- Ensure employees attend all required FAA, Safety, Quality, RSM and other company training.
- Monitor training needs and work with the Training Manager to develop adhoc training, setup formal classroom training etc.
- Other job duties as assigned.