Serve as the primary point-of-contact and manage all aspects of aircraft maintenance, repair and delivery for the Wheeling, Illinois (PWK) satellite. Full responsibility for meeting or exceeding all financial, people, quality, safety and customer objectives for the satellite.
- Oversee the development and ongoing management of the satellite to include normal working hours plus nights and weekends (as determined by aircraft and customer needs for pre- and post-flights).
- Maintain an on-call / after hours process to ensure sufficient rotation of assignments between technicians.
- Hire, train and develop aircraft maintenance technicians to perform work in accordance with West Star Aviation maintenance standard operating procedures along with quality and safety standards to ensure technicians can be cross utilized on other aircraft maintenance programs, when/if needed.
- Develop and maintain aircraft schedules from pre-planning, to aircraft delivery and follow-up.
- Participate in customer meetings providing maintenance status updates on aircraft in work.
- Manpower planning duties to include assigning technicians to maintenance tasks based on work to be accomplished and technician skill level, identify and prepare a recovery plan to address any potential risks, schedule changes or any other constraints.
- Ensure all work is performed of the highest technical level and in accordance with West Star Aviation maintenance SOP’s, repair station manual, safety and quality standards.
- Communicate with Billing to review, approve, and sign all final invoices.
- Communicate, coordinate, and follow-up as needed for Accounting, HR / IT and Purchasing support from remote locations.
- Employee management duties to include time card and vacation approvals, conducting employee performance reviews, providing on the job training / development and making recommendations on general employment matters concerning hiring, firing, disciplinary issues, promotions, pay adjustments, work schedules and overtime assignments.
- Encourage and promote a safe work environment to include proper use of all PPE, operation of support equipment, aircraft systems and general housekeeping.
The ideal candidate will meet the following minimum requirements:
- 5 years progressive experience in performing avionics or aircraft maintenance activities in a service center environment.
- 2 years experience in a lead or supervisory role.
- Possess a superior level of technical knowledge across a variety of corporate aircraft.
- Valid FAA A&P license plus an Associates or Bachelors Degree in Aviation Maintenance or related curriculum.
- Strong knowledge of part 145 Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers and all levels of the West Star Aviation management team.
- Ability to modify communication, tone, and presentation to defuse crisis situations with customers, employees and / or other departments to maintain mutually beneficial relationships.