Regional Sales Manager, East
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for selling business aircraft
maintenance, avionics and modifications services within their assigned territory. This
position sells for all West Star Aviation locations and works in partnership
with the inside Technical Sales and Program Management teams. The
Regional Sales Manager is the face of West Star Aviation within their assigned
territory and regularly interfaces with customers while also participating with
local aviation associations and attending industry events.
Regional Sales Managers are responsible for developing and maintaining business
relationships with customers and industry vendors in order to generate sales
leads and create customized service offerings to meet customer needs.
This position will travel the territory regularly and maintain a home office during
non-travel periods. This position has a non-standard
work schedule due to the travel required along with customer interactions and
attending industry events. The expectation is to perform as necessary to ensure West Star Aviation is
represented appropriately and professionally within the territory while
achieving the annual sales objective.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with Technical Sales Managers and Programs Managers to prioritize annual sales
- Travel regularly throughout the territory and visit with customers regarding short and
long-term sales opportunities.
- Utilize Salesforce.com, Amstat, Corridor and other aviation databases to manage, identify
and update the status of all sales opportunities to include estimated capture rate.
- Analyze the industry market, competition, service / product offerings and trends to
develop strategies ensuring WSA alignment with the market findings.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend sales strategies such as multi-aircraft work packages.
- Provide consultative advise to customers regarding upcoming maintenance events and
multi disciplined opportunities to negotiate a win-win.
- Prepare sales presentations, contract reviews and proposals to ensure the successful
outcome of sales opportunities.
- Communicate with Technical Sales Managers, Program Managers and Contract Administrators to
answer questions and provide additional input on RFQ’s.
- Attend industry trade shows and vendor events as necessary to maintain existing and
develop new relationships.
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
- A&P License and / or a degree in Aviation Technology or an equivalent field of study.
- Strong technical knowledge and a customer following as demonstrated by at least 5
years experience as a lead aircraft maintenance or avionics technician,
technical representative or sales manager.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other necessary software.
- Must be able to travel regularly and maintain a clean driving record.
- Must demonstrate strong communication, planning and customer service skills.