Full Time Diesel Mechanic
SUMMARY Performs daily inspections, corrective, and preventative maintenance on all ground support equipment.
- Inspect and maintain ground support equipment used in operations.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and/or overhaul ground support equipment.
- Check and service ground support equipment with fuel, water, oil, and hydraulic fluid.
- Diagnose problems using test equipment and applicable manuals.
- Completion of GSE paperwork as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regularly required to stand and walk.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, and hear.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Read, write, and fluently speak and understand the English language.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Write routine business correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, supervisor, and employees.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed by uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Report to work in a regular and timely basis.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) plus one (1) year experience or; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid state Driver’s License.
- Prior GSE or heavy equipment experience preferred.