Flight Controls Mechanic
Flight Controls Mechanic - Kansas City, MO
Only qualified candidates with the below experience will be considered for this position.
**$1,000 BONUS AFTER 150 DAYS**
- Remove and Install flight control surfaces and components
- Repair, replace, and rebuild aircraft structures
- Utilize OEM and Engineering drawings to modify structures and flight controls
- Perform weight and balance including calculation of flight control surfaces
- Perform rigging and operational test of all flight control surfaces including autopilot
- Troubleshoot flight control systems
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Has intermediate knowledge of all areas of the aircraft and assigned work area.
- Repair, modify, replace or otherwise perform routine aircraft maintenance work in specialized area of aircraft.
- Develop repair schemes utilizing SRM or Engineering data
- Communicate effectively with other maintenance personnel at all levels by keeping co-workers and leadership apprised of work progress and difficulties as they arise.
- Complete job assignments in a timely manner.
- Complete on-the-job-training (OJT) forms and required reading.
- Read and interpret manufacturer and airline maintenance manuals, service bulletins, drawings and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repair, replacement or modification.
- Conduct operational tests.
- Help with general clean-up of work area.
- Responsible for accurately clocking to jobs.
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that you are provided with full information on your area specific safety issues, all unique hazards are identified, and you are provided with the proper equipment to carry out your job in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be maintained to a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported to your supervisor or manager.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents as well as communicate effectively with other maintenance and support personnel at all levels regarding job related issues.
- Must have knowledge of fundamental maintenance operations and practices and be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform basic and intermediate mathematical functions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Meet all regulatory requirements per FAR 65.
- Proficiency in relevant specialty of aircraft.
Education and/or Experience:
Previous MRO experience
Experience on 737/767/McDonnell Douglas Aircraft
Aviation Personnel currently offers:
- .50 per mile up to $200.00 Travel Pay on your first check, plus a $100.00 Monthly Bonus!
- Aviation Personnel offers great benefits like: Holiday Pay, Vacation Pay, $100.00 referrals fees and Direct Deposit. Cash Advances Available
- Did you know Aviation Personnel GUARANTEES Highest pay package at every location we have openings? Plus we have Travel and Retention on all of our openings as well.
- Give us a call (817) 244-2125 for details.
- We look forward to helping you find your next assignment.