Maint Crew Chief - Falcon
- Manages Others?
The Crew Chief has overall responsibility for the aircraft, and is the technical leader at the job site. The Crew Chief has ultimate responsibility for the quality of work performed and turn time. This position is key in projecting a competent image to our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical guidance to technicians on aircraft maintenance, and/or engine configurations, and/or modification projects, including service bulletins, directives and enhancements. Must be up-to-date on scope of required maintenance/projects for customers and coordinates efforts to ensure a timely turnaround.
- In conjunction with the manager, the Crew Chief pre-plans work scopes on aircraft including developing action plans, pre-ordering parts, opening the work order and customer debriefing. Writes all additional items and squawks identified during inspection.
- Responsible for all paperwork from the beginning of the job to completion. Daily job cards are to be signed-off and returned to the hangar office. Daily input into the computer system is required.
- Informs manager of problems and work status so that communications with the customers are timely and complete.
- Performs final “walk around” to ensure aircraft cleanliness and readiness for departure. Reviews workbook for sign-offs and parts issues after departure, but prior to closing in the Inspection Department.
- Responsible for working with the Inspection Department to ensure quality standards are met.
- Assures that crew members are well-trained on assigned aircraft. Responsible for on-the-job training of all technicians assigned during the course of the job. Also, responsible for scheduling periodic technical training at designated off-site locations. Works cooperatively with other Crew Chiefs or shops to assure cross-training on other aircraft.
- Performs “hands on” maintenance as required to assure an on-time departure and customer satisfaction.
- Supports and adheres to safety, environmental and general housekeeping policies. Is proactive in the area of safety; promotes safe work habits to the crew, monitors the work environment for safety hazards and takes steps to address/remove hazards.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Department Manager or Operations Director.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 7 - 10 years of corporate A&P experience.
- 5 years experience working on Falcon Jets
- Must have demonstrated exemplary technical ability in specialty area.
- Prior experience in planning, organizing and coordinating multiple projects.
- Must possess outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral.
- Must have valid A&P license
About Our Client:
Global leader in Aircraft and Power Plant maintenance, repair and overhaul. This specific location is part of a Business Jet Service network, focusing on Falcon, Gulfstream, Citation, Bombardier and Embraer airframes.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.