Jr A&P - Corporate Jets
- Manages Others?
This is a 2nd shift position. 1 -3 years experience on business jets.
This position is responsible for performing routine maintenance, and major inspections on turbofan and turboprop powered aircraft. Trouble-shooting, repair, and modification of aircraft components is accomplished by this position. In addition, engine removal and re-installation, operational checks, leak checks, and engine runs are all within the responsibility of the Mechanic, A&P
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for using sound judgment and technical aptitude to make decisions regarding maintenance, sequence, and techniques, troubleshooting and discrepancy resolution.
- Removes and reinstalls engines from turbofan and turbo powered aircraft.
- Performs operation checks and engine runs to ensure air-worthiness prior to departure.
- Inspects aircraft in accordance with OEM Light or Heavy Maintenance manuals.
- Evaluates removed components for serviceability and document discrepancies (squawks).
- Troubleshoot and repair all airframe systems as required (hydraulics, landing gear, etc).
- May perform fuel tank sealing on aircraft.
- Document all work accomplished in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Accomplishes Service Bulletins, Repair Letters and Airworthiness Directive as required.
- Reads and interprets maintenance manual procedures, blueprints, technical manuals and schematic diagrams when required.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
- Utilizes mechanics hand tools, precision measuring instruments, gauges and calibration test equipment.
- Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
- May perform other duties as required by the department.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience as a Mechanic; prefer A&P in Corporate Aviation.
- Must have the ability and experience to be eligible to acquire delegated inspection authority status.
- Corporate aviation experience preferred on: Dassault Falcon Jet, Bombardier, Gulfstream & Embraer.
- Aviation training preferred. This training may take the form of military training, aeronautical academy or technical school training and/or an Aviation Associates Degree.
- General aviation experience preferred.
- Must have proven mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Must have proven experience using a variety of hand and/or power tools.
- Analytical skills required to perform complex mechanical troubleshooting.
- Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written.
About Our Client:
Global leader in Aircraft and Power Plant maintenance, repair and overhaul. This specific location is part of a Business Jet Service network, focusing on Falcon, Gulfstream, Citation, Bombardier and Embraer airframes.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.