- Manages Others?
The VIP Cabinet Finisher/Painter works with the finish coating process for aircraft cabinets and performs other functions that support the delivery of aircraft cabinets using personal skills in conformance with procedures and guidelines and to the standards of Client Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cutting and buffing polyesters, urethanes, imron and acrylic clear coats
- Applies primer, top coat paint, and any spray-applied coatings to detailed parts, sub assemblies and major assemblies of aircraft interiors to customer or company specifications and industry quality standards
- Performs moderately complex to complex filling operations related to the cosmetic appearance of the part being worked
- Must be able to apply various types of clear coats in the aircraft industry
- Read and interpret blue prints and engineering drawings
- Must be able to touch up cabinetry in the shop
- Polishes and waxes finished surfaces by cutting and buffing finished surfaces
- Performs difficult masking operations
- Removes excess material and prepares the surface for finishing
- Selects finish ingredients and mixes them by hand or machine to obtain specified color or shade to specifications or match existing finish
- Calculates mix ratios in order to mix sealant, filler materials, and paint
- Diagnoses problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 year of experience preparing, sanding or stripping metal or composite surfaces for the application of primer or specialized technical school certification in related field
- Able to work from documentation such as company procedures, preparation packages, etc.
- Able to work in a confined space.
- Able to lift and transport up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must have visual capacity and muscular dexterity to work on fine detail, high cost products with a minimum of errors and rework.
- Able to use standard spray paint equipment: paint guns, sanding equipment, dual action orbital sander and common hand tools
- Must not be abnormally allergic to paint, paint stripper, solvents, primers or other paint related products that produce fumes or dust while performing work related duties.
- Ability to use a respirator.
- Flexibility with shift work
- Cabinet Finishers will be asked to complete a written practical on day 1.
About Our Client:
Our partner is one of the nation’s biggest and best corporate aviation MRO’s, with locations in Cleveland, Mesa, Orlando, and Las Vegas. Providing full service capabilities in maintenance, avionics, interiors, paint, parts sales, and mobile maintenance.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.